HybridZ

Need a proper Clutch

D83ZXT

Hello Fellow Zr's,

Once again I need your expertiZe in this matter. TEP sold me a Clutch Net 6 pedal clutch. Needless to say the other day I saw what damage it did to my lighten flywheel. I then found out that it should have never been sold to me in the first place! I would like some input as to what some of you may be currently using and for how long...

Also, have you heard of Stepping the flywheel?

Thanks,

Donna

Hey Donna, sorry to hear about your problems... I can't offer much advice beyond my own experience... I've head a Centerforce Dual Friction in my car for about a month now. In all the times I've sat in the car making engine noises and double clutching, it hasn't slipped once! icon_rolleyes.gif

I believe Tim said that the CFDF was rated for around 250lb ft of torque... are you much above that?

when i out turbo engine in my 77 i was on a budget so i got a new 240mm daiken kit from one of those 1 day clutch places for $130.the only time i have had a problem with it is when i side stepped at sac raceway at 5000 rpm-it slipped and overheated about 60ft out .when it cooled off it worked again and i still havent changed it even with about 15 days of laguna/sears point/thunderhill drivers schools-unless you are a real animal a good stock(daiken-the oem builder for datsun) clutch is probably all most people need.avoid that rebuilt stuff though.