HybridZ

Dynomax Ultraflo

datsun723

*phew* well, that being said, i'm much more at ease. sounds like from what i've been reading, most (and i hope) smog techs dont know a lot about cars. so i might be able to get around the headers/dp issue and pass the visual.

so, when going to get the car smogged, would one have to tell the techs "hey this isn't an l28...it's a l28et?" i mean, i dont want to sound like an idiot "hey come look at my non-original engine!!" but do the different engines have different requirements for emissions? or is this when you would go to a ref and get that BAR sticker???

If you have classic/collectable insurance and the Z isn't your only car, you can register it as a collectable and not go thorugh emmsions. That's waht I did.

that's my problem. I don't have another car. HOWEVER. I work next door, so I WALK to work (it takes LONGER to get to work by driving hah)

which kind of sucks. I do have another car to drive (my moms) but I don't have another daily driver car. But I don't NEED a car.

i'll figure it out. Maybe I can be an exemption. problem is once I do get my Z running and go back to school, there goes the 1000-3000limit per year.

I got lucky with a nice 71 240Z and the N/A L28 put in it.

I have 6 to 1 headers and 2.5" piping.. so what is recommended? The 2.5" piping that I have is welded onto a very ricey sounding exhaust.. I don't even know what kind it is but I'd like something deeper and more intimidating than what sounds like the common SoCal Civic hatch.. lol.

Any recommendations? I really need to pull this fartcan off the car ASAP :(

I got lucky with a nice 71 240Z and the N/A L28 put in it.

I have 6 to 1 headers and 2.5" piping.. so what is recommended? The 2.5" piping that I have is welded onto a very ricey sounding exhaust.. I don't even know what kind it is but I'd like something deeper and more intimidating than what sounds like the common SoCal Civic hatch.. lol.

Any recommendations? I really need to pull this fartcan off the car ASAP :(

interesting that a l28 could sounds ricey haha. well, ur piping is fine. wouldn't want to go too much bigger than 2.5 on an n/a. i'd look into gettting a different muffler. try going with either a straight through like the dybomax ultraflo or a single chambered flowmaster.

• 1 month later...

@thnikkamax

Just picked up a 6-1 Header and mandrel bent 2.5" exhaust to a dynomax superturbo.

Sounds heavenly, but with one caveat. It has a supremely nasty drone under load from 2000-2500.

If I pull the exhaust again (which will happen as soon as I snag a 5 speed) I'm going to stick some sort of resonator in the transmission tunnel area.

The current solution is to only be in that RPM range once per time I run up through the gears :)

Good luck!