HybridZ

Help!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

ok folks, doing a rebuild on my suspension, '76, still and inliner, 4 speed. Took the tranny crossmember to the machine shop to have them remove bushings...well...seems they removed the outer casing too...Am I gonna need to get a new one? Or is there a fix for this? If anyone in the Phoenix area has a spare crossmember, I'd really like to know ya! Thanks!

Guest Anonymous

Never did the crossmember?!?! For shame!! icon_biggrin.gif Got a good idea from one of our message board members though, use exhaust tubing, that is just slightly smaller than the ID of the hole in the crossmember, and hammer it in, nothing rotates, so it just has to be a nice, tight fit.

Nooo, slightly larger , then cut a section out to make it the same size. Or perhaps the same exact size (if you're really lucky).

Wait!!! I just remembered that I used trans cross member poly bushings in my DeGroot diffmount! I found some galvanized fence-post tubing that had the exact same ID as the bushing OD. Found it at Lowe's.

Guest Anonymous

ok, got it now, gonna take the silly thing with me...think the guys at lowes will look at me funny, carrying around a tranny crossmember? icon_wink.gif