HybridZ

What do I need?

ArizonaZ

To start off i have a late 74 260Z (12/74 build date) that im working on getting going. Its been sitting for over 13 years. My grandpa has decided to help out and bought me a complete fuel injection manifold from a 280Z (75' i think). Now I know that i would need a new head or notch out my old one, and i would need to run bigger fuel lines and a surge tank, but what else do I need? I want to go with Megasquirt, but im really new at FI. Can someone help me out and tell me what more I will need (FI parts-wise) to get this going?

Either way you go megasquirt or factory efi you have a lot to do. So take one step at a time. I did the efi swap but I had another z to remove the parts from.

For megasquirt you will need. Megasquirt & wiring harness, Relay box or make your own. G.M. intake air temp sensor, efi head, exhaust manifold or header with an 02 sensor port. Electric fuel pump, 75 fuel tank or surge tank. You have a late model 260 so no need for the larger fuel line. Late model 260's were already made with the larger line. 240sx tps sensor. You may look into upgrading to an internally regulated alternator. That swap info should be on here.

For a factory efi swap. It easiest with another efi car to pull all the parts off of.