HybridZ

dual 4 barrel low rise intakes???

Guest Drewz

Guest Drewz

I would like to locate a used low rise dual 4 intake either in line or offset. New is avail. but I am always lookin' to save a couple of $$$$$$. I will be sellin my tunnel ram if I find a lowriser. Any help would be nice. Of course local (in canada) is preferred since cross border is $$$ but a good deal is a good deal! US is okay if $$$ is right. icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Drewz

A tunnel ram is really for a motor revving over 7000 for its power band and this is a street car. I am definately keeping the dual TBI but the tunnel also REALLY sticks out of the hood. I am probably going with the hillborn style scoop but the cops get picky when stuff is sticking out of the hood over 5 inches in height. If I could find a crossram low riser I would be thrilled for the rest of the year! Tuning the TBI is not yet finished so A tech. article would be ill informed of me to make since it is not tuned to what I want.

This system was on a 88 chev half ton before and the tunnel just sat under the hood. I like the idea of seeing where I am going but it will not hurt my HP# going shorter.

As for my site I don't have one yet but am searching for someone to setup a basic one for me to run with. It is hard to find someone to start a basic page for ya since they usually get paid by the page. Any sugg. on a pre fab page I can work on or any other ideas since I am not very 'puter literate icon_confused.gif

I will check out ebay tonight. Thanks for the replies!!!

Drew, I blew it when I said "site"; what I meant was pictures of your ride on Yahoo. I like the idea of a tunnel-ram sticking out of the hood! I would bring fear to the hearts of ricers everywhere! Imagine pulling up to a stop light with some cheesy winged Honduh in the next lane...he looks over and wets his baggy pants! Ohh, I like it!

David

Guest Drewz

WOW are there a lot of intakes on ebay!!1 Nothing I am lookin' for yet.

Nothing at vintage either except for 1 but the price is steep. 275 american + shipping. OUCH!

The hunt is still on guys.

icon_wink.gif

Guest Drewz

Davy, my buddies 2000 ram air fire chicken with all sorts of goodies on it took it in the a*#%# if you get my meaning! lol He tried me at the end of last year before the dual TBI when I had a 750 vac. secondary Holley on it and I did not hear from him for over 2 weeks. He was a little over confident. His ride is sweet lookin. icon_wink.gif

Guest Anonymous

I don't know how soon you want it, but if you planned a little vacation to the states during a major car show. They all have swap meets and you would have a real good shot at getting one cheap. Here in Reno we are gearing up for Hot August Nights, and I would be shocked if a couple of your manifolds wern't floating about. If you get jammed up and want one now. I would call Summit and price an Edelbrock and an Offenhauser.

Guest Anonymous

Whats the date on Hot August Nights? I might want to check out the cars for the day and lose a bit of money at the clubs..

Lone

Guest Drewz

icon_biggrin.gif Thanks for the replies guys! If you find a manifold cheap Aus man, let me know asap as I will wait for a used over the 600 to 700 new price.

As far as clearance, that is not a concern as I will work that out at a later date. icon_wink.gif