HybridZ

EGT Reading Material

ktm

Does anyone have a few useful links that provide a discussion regarding EGTs and how AFRs and timing can affect them? I searched the last couple of nights for a couple hours each time and could not find what I was looking for.

I have a EGT sensor installed on my L28ET and I am logging it with my Innovate LMA-3. Based on my research, I am running right around the sweet spot for cruising and higher boost (~1500 degrees, however, low boost (2 psi up to 8-10 psi) my EGTs are around 1100 to 1200 degrees.

My AFRs range from 13 to 12.5 up to 10 psi. I am injecting methanol which I know led to my VERY low initial EGTs at 2 psi (800 degrees). I have since stopped spraying at 2 psi and they jumped up to 1100 degrees.

Hence my question regarding a good resource for EGT relationships. I know the basics (increased timing increases EGTs, retarding timing decreases EGTs unless retarded too much; leaning out increases EGTs, rich decreases EGTs unless too rich).