HybridZ

Anyone use MS1 Extra to control spark NA?

Zmanco

Backgrould:

I recently added spark control to my MS1 v3 set up using the 280zx dizzy but cannot get the spark tables to affect timing.

http://www.msextra.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28645

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=135184

I took the board out today and went over it again and cannot see anything wrong, nor can I even come up with an explanation how a hardware issue would cause this.

Question:

Has anyone else been able to get spark to work with MS1 Extra V3 non-turbo? My current theory is that a bug in the MS1 Extra code is preventing it from actually reading the spark tables while the engine is running. Either that, or there's something else unique about my situation that's escaping me.

I'm about ready to buy the MS2 daughter board so I can switch to an entirely different piece of code. But it's a shame to do that since the MS1 solution fits my needs perfectly (except for this bug of course!).

Thoughts and experiences?

Thanks Moby, turns out Matt from diyautotune.com just figured it out. The soft rev limiter was at 100 rpm with a Soft Limit Absolute Timing of -10.

I had never set or changed that page, so assumed that those values were the default when you didn't want a soft rev limit. As the saying goes, that's what I get for assuming ... :(

In the end, I went ahead and bought the MSII processor upgrade as it appears the MSII extra code is more sophisticated for controlling idle - the MSI code is hard to get right across a broad range of conditions.