HybridZ

MLS intake/exhaust manifold gaskets

zguy36

I have been contemplating making a multi layer (stainless or mild) steel intake/exhaust gasket for my turbo l28. The composite gaskets that I have used are pretty crappy, especially when using a stainless header that has more expansion than the stock manifold. I know these gaskets work great for heads, but has anyone used them for intake/exhaust purposes?

If anyone is interested, let me know. Having multiples of these cut on a water jet will greatly offset the setup fee.

I've had the best luck with OEM Nissan gaskets for both turbo and NA header applications. Copper gaskets should work very well. I think if you look at cost, the Nissan OEM on e is the best. They are made by Ishino gasket, and you can find them in the aftermarket.

The problem that I a running into with a standard gasket, is the extra expansion that is happening due to stainless manifold construction. You can see where the manifold grows almost 3/8" between hot and cold. It is just tearing up the composite gaskets.