HybridZ

RB25DET NEO Intercooler Pipe Size

Midnight-280Z

Hello everyone,

Well I ordered a crap load of parts so I can get my engine in and working....I was wondering, for the intercooler pipe size what should i do? Some say 2.5" and some say go 3" (because of the 90mm throttle body). I don't know what should I do...Please help. Here's what will be on my 75 280Z engine wise...keep in mind i will most likely upgrade in the future.

1998+ RB25DET NEO

Nismo N1 Oil Pump

Nismo N1 Water Pump

Nismo Timing Belt

Nismo FPR (will purchase real soon)

Walbro 255lph fuel pump

JGY Intake Manifold

Q45 90mm throttle body

Custom Intake w/Nismo Air Filter

HKS BOV

HKS Manual Boost Controller

Custom 3" exhaust

Once everything is in and done I'll be sure to post some before and after pics ^_^

SWEET....now time to look into angles of the pipes so can order them..know any good place that have aluminum pipes that can be welded? polished if possible...it will match many things under the hood...I'm drooling just thinking of how my engine is going to look when it's done....everthing should look nice..topped with a Nismo strut bar. Pretty awesome to say "I got Nismo Parts on my 33 year old car" Thanks for the reply

For my L28 turbo.. I ended up buying 2 180 degree U-bends...

You can cut 90 degree elbows or 45's or straights and everything all right in front of you. I would buy those and some longer straights with silicone couplers and you should be good!

Take a peak at some pictures of members running a RB25 and you can get a really good idea on what you need