HybridZ

New fuel lines - 5/16" to 3/8"

tonycharger72

Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone can help point me in the right direction,

I am looking at installing 10mm OD (3/8" approx) sized fuel lines in my 1974 260z, stock it has 5/16" OD lines,

I am Running an RB30 engine with standard fuel rail (5/16") and a fuel cradle from an R31 Skyline, which one has 5/16" fittings and is mounted inside my tank,

I have some bundy steel, but its very expensive - $9/m, and I also have alot of 10mm Alluminium tube (which comes in a straight line, very cool) and costs $8 for 6m and has a 1.25mm sidewall, very thick, very strong and its bigger!!!

I have two questions that I need help with,

1 - I wouldnt mind getting the fuel lines out of the transmission tunnel, anyone done this and run the fuel lines down the chassis rails? looks like a very attractive idea as its alot easier to make the shape, but worried them being on the wrong end of a speedbump!!!

2 - Besides silver soldering on 10mm connectors to my fuel rail and fuel cradle, is there any other options the are available to me??? like a speedflow fitting or something along those lines? and if so, any info as to what I should be getting to make the 3/8" to 5/16" lines would be really helpful!!!

All help is greatly appreciated :-),