HybridZ

Misfire After Getting V500 upgraded

digger

I just got my V500 back from melbourne after sending it to be upgraded to be able to use Wideband. So i started it up and seemed to idle as usual but when i try and go past 2000rpm there is a misfire and the V500 starts counting noise events and syncx events.

Before i sent it down there were no issues, all i wanted was to be able to use the WB facility now it won't run properly:mad:

Its the wrong time here to contact Wolf over the phone it'll have to wait a while so does anybody know what could cause this?

Does it definitely seem like a ECU problem given its counting noise,syncx?

Cheers

Digger, when I received my upgraded ECU I simply swapped it with the old one and the car started right up. Saying that, I have gotten noise and synch issues once or twice, but a quick power-off reset cleared them. I have not had one in a few months.

Does this happen ALL the time, or was it just the once? Have you tried to slowly rev the engine past 2000 rpm and see if it occurs? Are you sure that you did not move any wires or expose your signal wires?

What are you using for your trigger reference? Have you shielded this line from the trigger to Wolf?

• Administrators

Digger,

So you had it running prior to shipping it back and it was fine, no trigger errors/resets? Just curious, what firmware and software were you using prior to shipping back to Australia and what is your current firmware and software versions? Are you using the direct fit that has the black box in the harness?

i am using a plug and play setup so it uses the original harness and sensors all i did was plug it back in.

Even when i slowly rev it happens and its all the time and it doesn't want to pass through it at all.

What do you mean by power off reset?

I Was using H/W RevA F/W 5.02 now i'm using H/W Rev A 22nf F/W 5.04

• Administrators
i am using a plug and play setup so it uses the original harness and sensors all i did was plug it back in.

Even when i slowly rev it happens and its all the time and it doesn't want to pass through it at all.

What do you mean by power off reset?

I Was using H/W RevA F/W 5.02 now i'm using H/W Rev A 22nf F/W 5.04

I’m just using the term “reset” in reference to how the ECU acts. Sort of like the ECU goes through an internal “reset” thereby shutting itself off and coming back on. Each trigger error is like an individual reset.

For what engine is your “Plug and Play”? RBxxDE, VG30DE, etc? Does it have the black plastic box in the harness adapter that goes between the V-500 ECU and the OE Nissan harness?

I am using a plugnplay system for a BMW M20 I6 with a 60-2 wheel, reluctor type sensor and a single channel igniter.

Does anyone know where i can find a good explanation of how the triggering system works specifically what REF and SYNC are?

• 3 weeks later...

Got my ECU back with original trigger setup and its back to normal.

I do get an occasional noise event when the engine cranks but its a single event only and doesn't happen every time i start and is not detectable other than looking at the laptop.