HybridZ

A did you know ? for 4:11 R200 fans

VinhZXT

Hi all,

For all you 4:11 R200 fan in here. Did you know that the 4:11 R200 from the 200sx turbo requires the longer half shaft on the driver side? and the shorter one on the pass. side? Note the 280zxt R200 is the opposite. The longer shaft is on the pass. side and the shorter one on the driver side. I would like to talk to whoever have done this swap and see how they got around this problem and notice that noone said anything about this..

Here is what I have studied. If you want to do this swap you will will need the 280Z R200 half shafts. With these shafts you can remove the 4 bolts and swap just the input shafts and you are done. With the CV shafts you will have to open up the rubber boot and swap the input shafts and then repack the boot.

Also be aware of 1 type of non viscous 3.7 LSD, I have one, that used the same type of configuration for the half shafts. short one on the pass. side and long one on the driver side. I have 2 3.7 LSD and they look exactly the same. One will fit with the 280ZXT half shafts fine but the other needs some modifications to the input shafts to fit.

Vinh http://vvu.triopd.com

I have a 4.11 R200 from an 85 200sx turbo in my car. I also have CV half shafts from a 83 280ZX turbo.

Everything fits in there just as it should. Nothing special about it whatsoever. The unit is shifted over towards the driver's side, just like the 3.54 R200 I have from a 75 280Z. Therefore the driver's side shaft is slightly shorter than the passenger side. The shafts, on both sides, slide in to a certain point and then stop. They then have to be "jerked" into place that final bit, and they lock in there.

I guess what I'm saying is, unless I'm not understanding some part of what you're saying, that my experience refutes your claim icon_confused.gif.

[ September 17, 2001: Message edited by: jeromio ]

Jeromio,

That's good that you were able to get them to fit in there. When I removed the 4:11 rear end out of the 200sx turbo I just noticed the longer shaft is on the driver side. Both of the input shafts are different. You can fit them inthere but I am sure that they are not lock in there by the circlips. I will go home today and try to see the longer shaft will lock if I put it on the pass side. I can almost certain that the longer input shaft will not slide all the way in.. but I might be wrong.. will check tonight.

Are you certain that this diff was from a an 85 200sx turbo?

I wish Bryan Little's website was still up, because he had a picture of the 200SX turbo R200. I can tell you that my 2 R200 diffs are identical. The only difference is that the 200sx unit is cleaner and has an aluminum cover (the 3.54 75 R200 cover could be alum. too - hard to tell it's so caked with grime).

Also, the pinion flange was round and had a square bolt pattern with special capped studs. And of course the car had CVs which I didn't use. The picker at the yard actually cut the shafts with a torch, rather than bother with unbolting them. I have stuck those in the other, 75 R200 to keep out dirt and moisture. They snapped right in.

Jeromio,

Yes I got the 4:11 out of the 86 200SX turbo. The reason I paid close attention to which half shafts goes where when I removed the Rear out of the 200SX was because I had that odd ball 3.7 LSD and I couldn't figure out which car it could have came out of. Apparently the 4:11 and this odd ball LSD has the same half shafts configuration. ie longer shaft on the driver side and shorter shaft on the passenger side. For the LSD, when swap the shafts the shorter one slide in and locked Ok but the longer one need to be machined off on the back part of the input shaft about 1/4" for it to slide all the way in. I didn't have a chance to swap the shafts for the 4:11 yet. I still have everything outside in my garage.

Vinh