HybridZ

I've located a R200 LSD, Now what

Guest Zpeed

I've found one at a local junkyard, they said over the phone they will sell it for AU$100, I havn't looked at it yet, but i know for sure its a 3.9 R200 LSD, because the place is a Z place, and i've done business with the guys before and they are great...

Can i use all of my existing half sharts, U joints etc, becuase i got them changed around 3 months ago, and they costed a little bit so i don't want to change them

So what i am asking siply is can i just swap the diff's over, I've got a R200 3.54 already in there stock, so it should just be a simple bolt in etc,

I get my license in 2 weeks, and i still have to get the engine back reasemble, and install, tune etc... i don't want to take 2 weeks to put the diff in thats all...

and is there anything special that i have to change from going from the open end to an LSD, I not sure about that either...

thanks alot for everything

ohhh and the R200 is from a 280zxT, imported from america to AUS... the diff has reported around 45,000km on it... not a bad bargain...

[ September 20, 2001: Message edited by: Zpeed ]

You shouln't have to change anything, should swap right in IMO. One R200 for another from a Z shouldn't be an issue.

However, the 280ZXTs here did NOT have LSDs in them! The only American Zs that had LSD were the 87.5-89 300ZXT and the ratio was 3.7 not 3.9. I'd be asking about the ratio and the LSD - how did they determine that is was an LSD?

The guy had it in his own car for a month.... he may have got them mixed up with other diffs he has got there, I'll be happy with just getting an open anyway if i don't get a LSD, I'll ring up tommorrow to get some answers, I know for sure its a 3.9 R200, and from what sleeperZ said in the other thread and from what others had said, its a good cheap mod to do, AU$100 is US$50 something like that... , i'll be getting that done soon, and i'll hopefully be as happy as with it as SleeperZ.

thanks, for answering, hopefully i will have no problems just switching them over... I just have to remember i drain the diff oil first.. haha

I've heard TONS of guys think they have LSD's because they spin both tires/leave even black marks. Nissan's IRS hooks so fine this is not the tale of the R200LSD. Has be spun up in the car to see the lockup with no load etc, doesn't take much to overcome it up on the hoist but it's still easily discernable. Talking gear ratio bumps, I did 3.9's from my OEM 3.36 and it was AWESOME (OEM powertrain)back in '94! I only wish I'd been aware of 4.11's back then icon_biggrin.gif