HybridZ

Modified Z, having a little trouble, maybe someone here can help.

D15T0RT10N

With out going to the trouble of listing everything:

CAI, complete duct replacement W/ Cone

All emissions equipment gone.

No Idle Control.

New fuel system,(injectors and all) Ford 5.0l Fuel Pump, MSA Headers.

MSD coil with full ignition tune up. Infiniti M30 Ignition Transistor

All sensors new, or proven good.

6 months ago, the car ran like total crap. It would stammer, hesitate, mis-fire, and basically just run bad. I made 4 junkyard trips trying to find a good ecu. I finally found one, but it was an 88. However, the 88 fixed my problem entirely. I tried to do the resistor mod a few weeks later, only to find that the car would not run at all with the resistors in place.

6 months go by with no problems. After a series of unfortunate events thursday, the 88 ECU bit the big one. I spent the entire morning at the JY, and best I could produce was an 87 maxima ECU. Now I seem to be dealing with the exact same problem I had before. Just generally running like total crap.

I can't be sure if I just need a new AFM, or need one that matches the maxima ECU. I have an 86 Z31 ECU here too, and it runs fine in the 86 Z31. But in my 87, same deal as the maxima ecu. Just runs like crap, and seems like it's not running enough enrichment. It's probably going to come down to me needing after-market fuel management.

What are the chances that rock auto sent me 88 style injectors? Would that cause the car not to run enough fuel when paired with low impedance ECU?

I've researched a bit, and found mixed opinions on the matter. I know the AFM's are physically different, and the Maxima AFM is 70mm vs. the Z's 80mm. Should this pose a serious problem?

I will be doing some tests while I wait for a response, so I will have more working data when I check to see if anyone has the balls to jump into this brass ring.

Thanks in advanced,

B.Crawford