HybridZ

2+2 rear end swap??

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hey guy i just got a quick question for ya. i was perusing my local pic n pull for a likely parts and saw a wrecked 2+2zx sitting there. i remebered you guys saying that some of the 2+2 had CVs along with the r200 and a 3.90 to 1 ratio right? so i peeped under it's skirt and sure enough it had the CVs. i was wondering if any of you guys know if i would have to fab anything since my car is a zx?? should i be able to take the whole rear end assebly and slap it all into mine with no troubles. or does it mount differently in a 2+2?

oh yeah, i asked the guy how much he would let it go for and he told me he sells rear ends for about $150-170. i told him i'd take it for 100 even he said no so i said goodbye. but i know that nobody else in this town is even going to need that rear end. so i plan on going back every two weeks and offering him that 100 till he gives in icon_smile.gif think it will work? my town is tiny and there is only like five other Zs and ZXs out here and none of them are being hopped up so i should be safe in my little game i hope.

Heh, never piss of a yard owner. Not only will they remember you and hose you on any and all future deals but they will often times sooner crush a car you're interested in than let you take them for a sucker. Some of them are downright ornery! $150 is fair IMO, maybe try offering $125 IF you can use it.

My gut reaction is that you can probably use the parts but I am NOT any sort of expert. The CVs would probably be worth something to some of us here IF the boots are intact and the rear you could certainly use if it's a ratio you desire. I don't believe the R200 rear mounted differently - yes?

Guest Anonymous

i would be willing to buy it for 125 but it just kind of irks me off that they charge so much for something they got for free. i might try to go and haggle some more with him tomorrow and see how low he will be willing to go on it. the thing is the next closest decent yard is like a 2-3 hr drive from here and he knows it. a guy was talking to him before i did that wanted a bench seat for a chevy truck. they were trying to charge him 70+! for a bench seat. and whats worst is the yard guy didn't even know what the condition of the seat he was selling was in. he just said a bench seat goes for 70+ icon_sad.gificon_mad.gif

Supply and demand... And it's not really free to him - he's got to store it, pay taxes, insurance, and who knows what sorts of EPA stuff he has to worry about. Best yard around here now has a shopping mall on top of it! I've not seen anything that good since, most of the yards around here are small that I've seen. Really need to get out and visit one - tons of fun just walking around in them (lol)