HybridZ

1974 260z front hubs

Guest atw1

Ok, so I am new here. I have acquired a 74 260z. Originally, I was going to sell it, but I decided to keep and bring back to life. I replaced the carbs, coil, and complete ignition and got it to fire up. Now I am working on brakes. The car only had the drivers side caliper, rotor and hub assy. The passenger front caliper was missing. I bought new caliper and found the rotor is not the right one for the new caliper. So, I am looking for a new hub for 260z. Evidently, the years of zcars are not interchangeable for brake parts. I believe the wrong rotor is from a 84 300z. The hub I am looking for has the scalloped edges and the rotor is larger than the 300z.

Ok, so I am new here. I have acquired a 74 260z. Originally, I was going to sell it, but I decided to keep and bring back to life. I replaced the carbs, coil, and complete ignition and got it to fire up. Now I am working on brakes. The car only had the drivers side caliper, rotor and hub assy. The passenger front caliper was missing. I bought new caliper and found the rotor is not the right one for the new caliper. So, I am looking for a new hub for 260z. Evidently, the years of zcars are not interchangeable for brake parts. I believe the wrong rotor is from a 84 300z. The hub I am looking for has the scalloped edges and the rotor is larger than the 300z.

Hi,

Welcome to HybridZ.

I do not think a scalloped hub will solve your problem. Post pictures of your brakes, we might be able to help you. Also, if you are going to keep your car download the Factory Service Manual, its very handy.

http://www.xenons30.com/index.html

I ran into another z fan at the auto parts store and he invited me to come over and take the hubs off his 75 280z. They fit perfect. I unbolted my hubs from the rotors and installed his hubs on my roteos and they worked perfect. His hubs were not the scalloped version, they were round. I bledthe brakes and now I have a running and stopping 260 coupe. Now the body work starts. I have acquired a 260 2+2 and am wondering if the front fenders and hood will fit on my coupe.