HybridZ

New Frame Rails

kbo76280

Hi, I am new to hybridz and I recently purchased the Zedd Findings front (engine bay) frame rails through Motorsport. When they arrived I realized that where the rails actually go through the radiator supports, the replacement rails taper from about 2.25 inches out another half inch or so, however the original rails that need to be replaced actually taper in about a half inch where they enter the radiator support. I have a 1976 280z, and I am not sure if the rails are only for 1970-74.5 240z's and 260z's. Motorsport said they only carry one rail, and that they have never heard of such a problem. Looks like I either need to really cut up the radiator support or terminate the new rails at the junction of the radiator support frame. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Yea i called Charlie multiple times...but he never picks up the phone. I only called motorsport after i couldnt reach him. I know many members have fabricated their own rails, but I figured since the Zedd Findings floor replacements are so popular someone probably used the Zedd Findings front rails to replace their 280z rails, and ran into the same trouble as I did.