HybridZ

Ron Tyler Differential Mounts

Guys,

I've searched every chassis thread I could find in the last few weeks to make the appropriate upgrades before dropping the SBC V8 into my '77 280Z. And, I didn't want to waste your time with a bunch of quwestions you've already answered.

I have found BadDog subframe connectors, springs & shocks from Beta Motorsports, and happened upon the Ron Tyler designed Differential Mount. The basic concept of this mount, working as a diff. mount and snubber, allowing driveline angle adjustments for the V8 swap, and eliminating stretching stresses on the stock mount all make a great deal of sense to me. And the added weight is in the right place on the car: low and to the rear.

I have two questions:

1. For those of you using this mount, is there any downside or issues I should be aware of (e.g.: wear, vibrations, etc.)?

2. Is anyone selling this mount? (I can weld, but if it's readily available, I may just save time and buy it if the price is right.)

Thanks for your insights.

Steve