HybridZ

R200 LSD "case" swapable into open R200?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I can get a BRAND NEW R200 LSD assembly from nissan for $644. I was wondering if the LSD assembly will bolt up to my 3.545 ring gear and work in my currently open rear end.

I assume their LSD setup is complete and of correct bolt pattern for your gear setup. A competent gear shop can set it up for you (ie. it's not a homebrew bolt in install). You may want to renew your bearings and seals at the same time. An option you may not be aware of is the quaiffe worm gear type units. A little pricier but when setup right, you should not ever need a rebuild or parts etc (whereas clutches on NISMO setups will wear and are pricey IMO to replace). Quaifes were $1200 retail till lately when it dropped to $1000. $900 at present from myself, some more tech info at my URL below.

Guest Anonymous

I can set-up the diff myself, that's not much of a problem. I just want to know if it will physically fit in my open rear end. The part# for the 3.7 gearset in the open is different than the 3.7 gearset in the LSD. I'm hoping that the p/n difference is just a spline difference between pinion shafts. I am also hoping there is enough clearance inside the open rear end.

I've seen same case PN's on many different R200's. Your gear PN difference is most likely because they are different....yours are likely 10mm and the LSD you're looking up (87 OEM?) is 12mm. NISMO has same PN's for all gears of same ring gear bolt size for an R200. They only vary for ring gear bolt size within same case.