HybridZ

quick questions on my install

Guest znow white

Guest znow white

i got a ms2 box pcb3 im just wiring it in now and having a little of confusion here

1. im going to be using the 240sx throttle body can someone tell me if i got the right one from the looks of it. There is plug coming out of it amd has the plug on the TPS which one do i use? ms2 shows only one wire connects to it.

2608291_90_full.jpg

2 the injector banks there are 2 i know it doesnt matter + or - but the diagram shows 32/33 34/35 and 28 supplies power so 28 supplies all power ? someone school me on this one im just starting to make a fresh wiring harness

You want to use the connector that has a pigtail connected in your picture. I don't remember the colors of the wires, but if you have a DVM, set it to measure resistance and then measure across 2 contacts at a time while moving the throttle.

1. When you find 2 where the measurement doesn't change while moving the throttle, those are the two to which you attach power and ground.

2. The remaining connector is the one that goes to the TPS input on the MS board.

3. If you want to have the TPS values increase as you open the throttle, then measure the resistance between the TPS signal from #2 above and each of the other two wires. The one that has the lowest resistance should be grounded, the other goes to +.

Guest znow white

thanks allot that was really informative

now on to injectors i cant read this schematic the way it ought to be pin 28 is power coming in right? so if i use lets say pins 32 33 for injectosr 1 2 3 for each one i split them to it ie #1 32 33 #2 32 33,,,, and the other bank is 4 5 6 #4 34 35 #5 34 35 like that? can they be mixed as well like #1 33 32 #2 32 33,,,, this is all that needs to be cleared for me (right now) so i can get on to finishing efi harness

Guest znow white

ya im going that route too i like that schematic the other one is all printed with stepper and fide bla bla bla but thats where i was going with it...

sorry guys what i was trying to ask earlier is which injectors see use INJ1 and INj2 i know you can throw diff combinations but is there preferred 246 135 ?the stock was batch fired anyway ...

if tps is 3 wire pig tail red black white pos neg and signal whats pin 26?

Guest znow white

zmanco thanks i figured out what was ground/positive and signal to the tps

i got everything wired up to the diagram except fuel pump main relay and injectors. my car a 71 240z unfortunatly it didnt have efi or any efi relays. my issue is how do i wire my fuel pump relay and main relay this is something i have always had trouble with understandingi dont know what 85 86 87 89 mean

ok back to injectors

From what i gathered it doesnt matter if its positive and negative on the pin of injector. ms2 grounds the plug and they open up correct?. so if i was to wire my inectors i would want to give it switched 12 v power through a relay then 5 amp fuse going to all injectors and pins 32 33 34 35 are grounds

EDIT that pic that was attached is it somewhat incorrect? for the ground sensors wires dont they have to be individual i remember the guide 18 19 one was part of those 4 ground on db that are together that go to one spot on engine ground and the other is for sensors?

EDIT that pic that was attached is it somewhat incorrect? for the ground sensors wires dont they have to be individual i remember the guide 18 19 one was part of those 4 ground on db that are together that go to one spot on engine ground and the other is for sensors?

You are correct, this was a older image I had on hand, this one is what I'm wiring too.

also not sure if you need this now,

Nigel

8438_thumb.attach

TPS Connection_thumb.jpg