HybridZ

u-joint crisis!

Guest tom sixbey

Guest Anonymous

Tom:

I have everything that you need for that swap. I was planning on using this setup before I decided to use cv-axles. Shoot me an e-mail for pics.

SmackZ

280 STUBS are the same size. as far as fitment.

280 R200 1/2 shafts are shorter by about 1/2".

i usually sell core 280 R2 shafts for $25 ea. but theyre heavy to ship so try local first.

dont put new ujoints into the 240 shafts if you can avoid it.

oh and all ujoints are the same AIR.

Tom, have you read up on the CV adaptor I'm selling? Full details on my website. Drawings are in machinists queue for production at present. I can package the 280Z stub axles/companion flanges with it as well as the 280ZXT CV axles. But I prefer you source your own CV axles if at all possible as I don't have any extra. Scottie's used this system on his GNZ with no troubles.

Guest tom sixbey

my driver side outboard stub-axle ujoint (73 240Z) is popping and will surely fail soon. - i want to upgrade to 280z stub axles/ujoints.. - are the 280z and 240z stub axles/ujoints interchangeable?

also, when i get an R200 later, can i use the 280z stub axles with it?

is there anything i need to know before attempting this swap?

Guest tom sixbey

hey - thanks for the replies guys... - as a temporary fix, i've replaced the one bad u-joint, but i'm gonna go ahead and tackle my differential swap asap (after my radiator and tuition this semester!)

if CV axles are the way to go, i'll do it.. However i was looking at u-joints simply because i like how they let you know when their about to fail...

Ross - i'll get back to you on the CV swap as soon as the money presents itself... thanks again!