HybridZ

Help!! LT! question!

Guest zfan

Guest zfan

Ok guys I just got off the phone with a guy who picked up and rebuilt the lower ends on a bunch of factory return lt1's. He only wants 880.00 plus core. The engines are long blocks. Will my rpm sbc heads fit on this,also my rpm airgap? What type of harmonic balancer do I use? Are these motors full rollers? I need to call him before he leaves town tonite. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

He said if I do not want the lt1 he has a short block 4 bolt for 550.00 but doesnt know the exact compression. he did say it was a crate four bolt 350 truck motor.

Mike icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Anonymous

the LT1's are reverse cooling. The old chevy heads will not work with LT1's. If your RPM heads are for pre-86, they won't work. Only the LT4 came with roller rockers.

Don't make the "mistake" of going with an LT1 motor unless you are sure you want to do that. Think of them as their own animal--everything they have stays with that motor (not completely accurate but it'll save you serious frustration). The heads are reverse flow and are only compatable with the same motor. No you cannot retrofit "standard-flow" SBC heads on an LT1 w/o $$$$$. It's not worth it.

I almost lost $$$ on ebay for mistakenly bidding on LT1 heads thinking they would work on my carbed Camaro V8. Good thing I was outbid at the last minute!

David