HybridZ

Super Tall 3:1 NISMO gear sets

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

All,

A contact of mine has been crowing about a stash of brand new, tall NISMO gear sets he has located for sale. Supposedly there are about 5 each of super tall 3:1 (rumored to be for Skylines) and 3:36 sets, both for R200s

I was wondering whether anyone on the list would be seriously interested in a set of either for a LSD project or other?

Prices are not clear to me yet. Shipping and import fees might raise the price noticeably, but I think it will be somewhere in the $700-$900 range per set?

I don't have any other details at this time, but will make the effort to learn more if I get several serious buyers lined up.

Eric Neyerlin - owner of ZPARTS.COM

E-mail: zparts@jps.net

HTTP://WWW.ZPARTS.COM

Eric,

Ross Corrigan had a brand new set of 3:36 gears for sale for only $350 as I recall. Even though he advertised them, he still had a bugger of a time selling them. I'm not sure how $700 to $900 sounds to most people, but it is almost worth the money to go with a Vette rear end like Scottie did or go with a T56 transmission at that point to help spread the gears. Perhaps some of our racing mates can speak up. John Coffey, are you listening?

Davy

Yeah, I still have a set of 3.36's for an R200 in the Nissan wrappers, $350US. Actually a customers but he wants me to sell them for him. I have a set of 3.15's in wrappers as well but am not anxious to part with them as they may be part of an upgrade with a quaiffe in a dream I had once. Davy makes a fine point as 7-900US goes a long way to paying for a T56 combo that doesn't sacrifice anything like gears can. (ie. lowend/topend) Still an interesting 'stash' you speak of Eric.