HybridZ

diff in 260z

Guest Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by gmewett:

i have a 260z and in the process of putting a 350 sbc in i an told that i will have to support the diff is this correct and if so how ?????

What exactly do you mean by 'support?' Do you mean swap it out for a larger diff? Please clarify so we can help. Thanks!! icon_smile.gif

Davy

You can use the stock mount provided it is in good condition. Datsun uses a pathetic retaining strap to keep the diff front up if the mount gives way, but this is NOT the best solution. An inexpensive fix is to use plastic covered steel cable and wrap it a couple of times around the front of the diff and the mount; secure with metal cable clamps or ties--this retains the isolation qualities of the mount and adds a considerable amount of strength to the unit. Another option is to do what Scottie GNZ did and that's to use mild steel which is bent to shape over the end of the diff and bolt it to the same front diff crossmember (I think I got that correct icon_rolleyes.gif ). Does this make sense?

Davy