HybridZ

Distributor Wiring Help

Boosted_JDM

Well after problems persist with the my motronic 60-2 trigger system, I have decided to try using the distributor as the signal.

280zx Turbo 1981-1983 L28ET

- Does anyone know how to wire it up. There's 4 wires coming from the distributor, Black, Green, Red, and White.

I believe Red is power, Black is ground, and White is trigger signal, have no idea what the green one is for. Again these are all guesses, if anyone knows how to hook it up, please let me know, Thanks

Also do i wire it to HOME or Trigger ? Or both since green and white wire might be signals?

bf1afe29.jpg

One wire gives you 360 (the outside notches in the wheel) trigger signals, the other gives you 6 (the inside notches). I can't remember which way round it is but if you hook up the red and black wires to a battery then put a multimeter (set on volts dc) on one of the other wires then spin the dizzy you should be able to tell pretty quickly.

I'm pretty sure that white is for the 6 trigger signals and green is for the 360, for my ecu I had to end up using both but with a Z31 wheel as one of the 6 slots had to be slightly wider than the others so that the ecu knows where cylinder 1 is.