HybridZ

Settings for MS-I Barometric Correction?

HeatRaveR

So I've got MS-I V3 running 29v coding and as far as I can tell, the only fields I see for adjusting Barometric Correction (other than turning it on/off in the Constants page) is something about min and max kPa. What should these be set at, and what other settings do I need to input to get this function up and running? I did a Search, but it looks like this is something most people haven't needed to fiddle with or posted about. Since I'm going to be traveling up to the mountains soon, so I figured this might be a useful function to have enabled. Thanks!

The limits are only used as a bandaid for unwanted processor resets. Because I am at high altitude (my normal kpa reads 77) I have the settings at min=60, max=103. The bottom line is that if you are having resets you need to fix that problem, but these settings might at least help you get back home.

Here is the text from the extra manual which doesn't tell you much:

As the barometric correction is determined when the ECU powers up if it resets during running the current MAP value is taken in, the chances are the engine will be creating a vacuum so the value would be incorrect. You can set up limits so the correction is not so far out if the ECU resets. See "Baro Corrections" If you are unsure set the minimum to 90 and the max to 100 KPa and it will have no real effects during a reset. See the table if you drive at high altitudes.

The fueling can suddenly go rich or lean. Also, they'll show up in a data log, and MegaTune will beep when it's connected and a reset happens.

Hm, I'm not sure if that's really happening (especially considering my cranking problem is the more immediate concern). Since this Barometric Correction is sort of a just-in-case/band-aid feature, is there any ill-effect to having it active even if it's not resetting?