HybridZ

280zxt EFI with A/C Question...

jamunm90

Hello All

I'm finishing up my original N/A 280zx to zxt install, and had a question before I drop the motor back into this and make this fix, if needed, much harder.

First, for the background info, I'm installing a 280zxt into an n/a zx car and will be using the stock 280zxt Nissan FI. Also, being in Texas, it WILL have A/C...

The question is...On the N/A car, the A/C idle is bumped up at idle by a vacuum valve on the intake manifold which allows metered air to bypass the TB and increases the idle. This is controlled by a vacuum valve switch on the vacuum canister, and the N/A ECU doesn't care (no signal wire to the ECU for this)

After sorting through an 1882 ZXT factory manual, I found, to my surprise, a wire in the turbo ECU that does reference the A/C, but this system still seems to bump up the idle speed in the same method as the N/A car?

Does anyone know what effect this wire has on the ECU or have experience using/not using this signal wire? I didn't include it in my wiring harness and I don't want to spend a weekend pulling all of that apart again to add a wire that doesn't do anything significant.

Any advice on this is appreciated!!