HybridZ

how much...?

Guest triple_threat311

Guest triple_threat311

How much HP will a r200 handle. I am swapping a sbc into a 280z 2+2. I hope to build a 500hp motor and add a 150hp shot of NOS. will the IRS and r200 hold up to that. the NOS won't be used that often and I probably will never run slicks.

Guest Anonymous

The center section will probably handle it, but you might want to get alot of stock in say Brute Strengh company or have a buddy (or not, he soon will be your buddy as you'll see him alot) in a driveshaft shop that does CV repairs... :D

650HP is a aweful lot to ask of a 8" rear end IMHO, that said I can think of at least one member running 9's with that sort of horsepower and he is having issues with the above mentioned halfshafts. Spraying 150 out of the hole will probably kill them quick, down the track farther who knows, probably a better chance of holding up, scary if they come loose at speed I'd imagine havn't had that happen (I'd have to spray my motor 400 hp to have one like that... haha..) ... :D

There is a member working on a R230 conversion that would be IMHO more up to the task. Just an opinion though. If you don't use the nitrous that much and don't run slicks traction will be a super big issue, but the u-joints in the halfshafts (and driveline) will probably last better...

I probably wouldn't even bother with NOS that already had 500 hp in a light car like the Z it'll run probably near 10's, low 11's if not in them provided you can hook it up, but then again alot of HP is attractive, depends on how close to heart failure ou want when you crack that beasts tail smile.gif

Regards,

Lone