HybridZ

porsche 930 cv to R-200 adaptor

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i am currently having a set of adaptors to put a set of 930 porsche cv`s with sway away custom length axels to an R-200 with a Nismo LSD.this setup is going in my 510. i have posted a couple of pics of my T-56 behind an 3.0 turbo L-series motor. if anyone needs a set of 280zx cv axels let me know . as i am going to be using the porsche cv`s http://photos.yahoo.com/sss510six

Man, I like your dime! I remember having one...man, I miss that car.

I have to say that I doubt you'll break the rear end now! Sounds like an awesome setup. Care to share the costs of the components and labor? Even a lump sum would help bring this into perspective for those of us in the forum who are looking for alternatives. Thanks!

Davy smile.gif

Guest Anonymous

well, it wasn`t cheap. as i am running a 510 i don`t just have an easy bolt in solution to convert to cv`s. i thought about having a set of 280zx cv axels shortend. i happened apon a set of 930 cv joints and i have another friend who works for a major VW parts outlet.so, i ordered a set of custom lenght 930 porsche spline sway away drag axels.all together it cost around 800 for the Nismo LSD , 200 apiece for the axels and around 300 or so for the machine work for the adaptors.and another 50 for new boots grease and such.the primary thing i like about this conversion is that the cv joints can be upgraded and the prices range from $64 for standard 930 cv`s to $89 for chromoloy units.

I'm not sure if I'll ever happen upon a set of 930 CV's, but I can always dream. Still you have a really cool solution for your car's rear end that should take serious horsepower. Let us know how well it works over time. Thanks for the info! smile.gif

Davy