HybridZ

L28 stroker project

Hey guys,

I have a 76 280z that ive been working on with my dad for about 2 years now, we havent really gotten that serious about it until now. The only problem is neither of us are very mechanically inclined, nor is anyone in our family. But i've done some research and figured out some things but the reason im posting this is i still have a few questions im hoping you guys and gals can shed some light on.

I plan on stroking my L28 to 3.1 or 3.2 liters, i havent decided which yet. I also have the N42 heads, just purchased a borg warner t5 transmission, stock fuel injection stuff, and have a monza/pacesetter exhaust system.

1. heads- what does it mean to get them ported and polished? What purpose does this serve? since im basically rebuilding the motor by stroking it, would it make sense to port and polish my heads?

2. fuel injection- i really dont know much about this, should i be looking at new injectors or any of that stuff? or a programmer like megasquirt or something?

3. exhaust- i think the system i have is 2", is that gonna be too small for all the power i hope to be making once this is all said and done?

4. transmssion- the bellhousing from the transmission, which came out of a 84 camaro i believe, wont fit my l28 correct? Anyone know where i can pick up a bellhousing for this tranny and my engine?

i just got home from work so im a little tired, but i think thats all the questions i can think of. so thank you everyone for taking a look at this and giving me your opinions, information, anything really.

also if you guys that have done this before, if you have any pointers, i would appreciate anything you guys have to say.

Thanks,

Josh

Hey Josh-

There is a great thread going on at the moment on the "Nissan L6 motor" forum about a guy building a 3.1L motor. Lots of good info there to educate yourself with. I am also building one so I have been checking out this website for months now getting good info on everything. Good luck-

Scott