HybridZ

r180 vs r200lsd weight and other stuff

mobythevan

This evening I pulled my r180 out the 240z. It is the type with the center bolts that hold the stub axles. While it was setting there I decided to weigh it for fun. Driveshaft, r180 with grease(and stubs) and the mustache bar weighed ~80 pounds. So I weighed my r200lsd(no grease) with stub axles... 80 pounds. The new mustache bar from 280z weighed about 8 pounds. Sorry if I am boring you, but I thought it was interesting. So I am looking at 8 pounds heavier plus the weight of my new driveshaft with is not built yet. Also, the lsd diff is wider than the r180. Measuring width at the stub flanges. So I guess my current half shafts will be too long, unless they compress enough to allow this. Looked to be about 3/4 inch wider.

mobythevan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Hay I have 3 Z's one whit R160 R180 R200 all LDS. ALL built 280's So whit that 200's are over kill (in a 6cyl's ) 180's are good but coast $$$$. The 160,s Come out of a subrau Justi (in a yard $150 to ??? ) My 160 is years old and still good! GOOD LUCK!