HybridZ

My 78 Z runs rich before failing, suggestions please

Z-man

Just rebuilt the lower end of my 78 280Z and I'm having problems with her running now!

This is what happens:

It will start fine when cold run a little rough at 2500 RPM (stumbles every now and then).

it will not idle by itself I need to keep the gas to it keeping it at 1800-3000 RPMs to keep it going.

After it gets up to normal operating temp that's when it seems to flood and will stall without being able to start it again until it cools, and/or cleaning the fouled plugs. It will also run rich (at start it is a little rich, but after warm -- very rich).

I haven't found any vacuum leaks thus far, but haven't conducted a vacuum test. I did change many of the old rotten vacuum lines. I also rechecked the timing and valve clearance over and over all seems good there.

Any ideas???

on my z when i got it its a 77 but it should be the same the two green wires for the thermotime switch and the two black wires for the ecu's water sensor were mixed up and there should be another lone wire beside them for the dash's water temp gauge make sure these are hooked up right even take a pick and ill verifly, that is the first thing id check get back to me and if the problem persists well try some other things

Nick