HybridZ

Chevy fastburn heads vs anything else?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

FOR THE MONEY....can the chevy fast burns be beaten at $220 from Jegs and maybe cheaper from Chevy direct? I would really like to have aluminum or some Darts or something, but I can not see how this price can be beaten for a complete head.

If these are the aluminum heads, this is an unbelieveable price. Hrm, I priced out the aluminum fast burn heads from places like Fitzpatrick Chevrolet, and on sale they were $550/each! You are sure these are genuine fastburn heads for that price?

David

Guest Anonymous

Sounds like they must be cast iron for that money, but the price is definately right. I know heads are a major weight savings, but the difference is about 40 lbs for aluminum heads and thats about a 4 hp gain from weight reduction, which in the grand scheme of things isn't very much. Sounds like a good low buck way to go to me to get good heads. *Shrug* icon_smile.gif

Regards,

Lone

Guest JAMIE T

That sounds like the price of Chevy's Vortec heads. They are a good deal for the money. The valve springs need to be replaced before a high lift cam is used though. I think Scoggin-Dickey sells them with the modifications done and to except a standard SBC intake manifold.

Jamie

Deathstar Z