HybridZ

Water pump Pulley 4 a V8/Rx7

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have an 87 Rx7 that I put a V8 in. I am in need of a short water pump pulley for a chevy 350. I have snapped out the centers on two chrome pulleys I have purchased. From what I have heard the chrome pulleys are brittle, I guess choming them makes them weaker.

Now the guy who built my motor says I need a pulley off of a 67-68 corvette or camaro. My block is a 72. Anyone have some stock pulleys they want to get rid of?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tom

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

Hello Tom! I also have an Rx7-V8 but mine is an 85. I got my kit for the convertion from Granny's Speed Shop. I have a 327 with aluminum pulleys and short water pump to save weight. Go to "http://members.tripod.com/~grannys/" for info on the convertion. Grant is a nice fellow and will tell you what type of pulley you realy need and where you may get it or he may sell you one. If you need more info drop me a line Duende33@Juno.com. What am I doing in this site? My next project is a 240z-V8. By the way, your car looks great! icon_cool.gif

Guest Anonymous

Duende,

Thanks for the compliments. I bought my kit at grannys also. I finally went to the junk yard and found a pulley, now I need to get a crank pulley. Have you been to www.v8rx7.com it dedicated to the Hybrid7's. Thank you for the imput but I'm not to pleased with granny's.

check out the site.

Tom