HybridZ

NZR: 06 Pathfinder Horn Button

DRTY260Z

Hi guys, I'm having trouble taking off the center piece on the steering wheel to replace it. As far as I can tell, it seems to be attached to the airbag. Searched but couldn't find anything close to it. Your guys help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Ok this is very Easy to do. I will give you the steps to follow. This will also work for the 2005 and up Pathfinders, Xterra's and Frontier Pickups.

1. Disconnect the negative battery terminal

2. Turn the steering wheel where the bottom of the wheel is facing out towards the drivers door.

3. Take a thin long screwdriver and slip in into the hole in the bottom backside of the steering wheel and press up on the rod that runs across inside the hole. It may help to press in on the horn button/ airbag at the same time.

4. It should pop off very easily at that point.

5. Be careful when you do this as the airbag is part of the horn pad. There will be a yellow and a orange connector on the backside. You have to pop up the black clip in the center then make sure to pull the connector out straight.

The other wire that is on the back of the horn pad/airbag is the horn wire. It is a single wire and the clip is pretty easy to remove with just your fingers.

I have found that it makes it easier if you cut a V shape into the end of the screwdriver (.99 cent screwdriver from Walmart or Home Depot/Lowes work well).

If you have any more problems, let me know and I will do what I can to help.

Bill