HybridZ

working on a replacement setup for the stub axles

Guest 1fastz

Guest 1fastz

I am working with a custom driveline shop to have a replacement setup made for our week stub axles.. if interest is their they may market it..

my personal setup will most likely consist of a r-230 innver cv on the inner side of my shaft and on the outer the stub axle will be totaly removed and a custom hub turned up with a r230 outer cv shaft passing through it and bolted on ..

will inform latter and post pics to show you what im talking about

if this works it would be a small step to instead of the outter cv shaft put in a splined cv flange that bolts into the outter part.

Guest needwaymorespeed

The r230 outer shaft is .130 larger in diameter than the 280 stub shaft -that ill leave you .130

less room in youre strut housing for the bearings

,have you found some bearings to work with this yet? would have to have a small i.d. to compensate for the increased size of the outer shaft.

Sounds like a great simple fix if you can overcome the bearing issue ,I didnt think it could be solved easily and thats why I decided to make a completely new rear strut housing-besides this way I get to run the 300z rear brakes with there totaly cool small shoe parking brake assy-shoes are inside of the rear rotors.

Good luck and keep us posted

Curtis