HybridZ

radiator

jasaniceguy

hey guys, i have a radiator thats been sit for 10 years in a car and it had water in it. i realize it had a lot of rust build up. i tried rinse it out and using radiator flush, but it does not seemed to work. i still sees a lot of rust. what is a safe source that can do the work with out taking the radiator of the car and that is safe for the motor? i did some search but don't seemed to get the answer what i'm looking for. answer i found are baking soda, muratic acid. i need something that i can let the engine run for a while and flush it out. acetone is a good source, but i am trying not to take the radiator out. and i don't know if it is safe for the engine. any one have any experience???

The very best thing to do is pull the radiator and take it to a radiator shop and have it dipped. Other than that you can run the flush stuff a few more times. You can also replace it. If this was in your car hooked up to your engine while it was half full with water for years, you may also have problems inside the engine block and head. Besides water color are you having overheating problems?

-Avery