HybridZ

Mazinger Z - My 240Z Project

I've been enjoying this site since the beginning of this year and officially joined sometime in April '08 when I finally found a '71 240Z I could work on. Hybrid Z has been a great source of information as well as inspiration and i'm happy to report that 6 months have passed and I figure I have 3 months to go before Mazinger Z is completed.

The car was in running condition when I bought it and a big part of me constantly regrets ever having embarked on an upgrade project simply because the project has deprived me from enjoying an erstwhile working car. Nevertheless, I hope the wait, anxiety and cost will be well worth it.

I initially bought an RB20 and a set of 16" Fortran rims but have since also bought an RB25 and a set of 18" Enkei rims. I'm still deciding whether to sell the RB20 and Fortran rims or to keep them for whatever next project car i'll build.

Anyway, just thought i'd share progress updates and pictures.

More stuff installed (oil catch, fuel regulator ...)

bb22.jpg

Air Filter Installed

bb23.jpg

I was experimenting with different tail lights and one i considered was from a skyline ... but it just didn't look good

cc11.jpg

And I was happy to find this ...

cc12.jpg

16" Fortran rims (8.5"f & 9.5"r) i originally got for the 240z

1.jpg

Only to find something more attractive 2 months later ... 18" Enkei K76 (8"f & 9"r) to hold 225's f & 255's r

cc13.jpg

cc17.jpg

cc16.jpg