HybridZ

my 350 ???? mustang!!!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

ok guys i probably should have put this post elsewhere but was curious on whether or not i am going to have to worry bout the mustangs with my rebuilt 350 in my 240. as far as i know it is a stock rebuild but it came out of a boat so i dunno yet. have no specs. but i would appreciate some positive remarks icon_smile.gif

zach

Guest Anonymous

Ok, I am positive you won't have to worry about mustangs... Hows that? icon_smile.gif Seriously though dude, theres always gonna be a fast car out there that someone has put more money in. I'm sure it will smoke the majority of any production mustang, and probably alot of the ones that have the typical mods (air cleaner, rechipped, performance exhaust). Even if someone with a mustang does manage to beat you, know that you have way less invested in the project than they do, and if finances were equal you'd smoke the guy. Keep in mind to that the Chevy V8 responds so quickly to mods, I mean its going in stock, but in a year or so get a bit more money, put in a bigger cam, small chamber heads for more compression and you'll be putting out 350+ hp. Thats what I plan on doing, I havn't had a run with anyone yet, but I doubt you'll find to many that will embarrass you and if they do, they'll have one thin wallet! Good luck with it!

Lone

You might have to worry about some of the hopped up Mustangs but off the showroom floor Mustangs will probably be pretty easy.

It's mostly about power to weight - you can have less power than they do (like my RX7) and still beat them or keep up with them (like a certain 'Vette owner found out with the RX7). You may have say 300HP and they may have 300HP but you'll probably be at LEAST 500-800lbs LIGHTER. I think the old rule is 1 tenth per 100lbs and 1 tenth is something like a car length at the end of the quarter. Rough rule of thimb but you get the idea.

It also comes down to driver ability - my Mustang should've been deep in the 11's but with me driving it never ran better than a 12.15 @118mph. My 60fts never were better than 2.1s and I had a hell of a time hitting 3rd with the Tremec. (shrug)

Even if you lose, as others pointed out, you've spent less. You can also modify to your heart's content without worrying about emissions depending on where you live. Oh, and it's not a belly button car icon_smile.gif I've had "kids" ask me more thna once just what the heck it was that I was driving. I haven't had that happen since I had a V8 Vega GT. That particular car got FAR more looks than my Mustang ever has!

So relax, you'll win some, you may lose a few, but it'll be a blast. So - is someone talking smack about your car already? Might be time for a side bet or two and maybe a little blue bottle just in case icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

If your putting in a stock 350, you will have no prob with most stangs. But as everyone before me as said, there will always be someone out there faster. I just want to get mine back on the road, so I can piss people off icon_wink.gif