HybridZ

ZF6 will NOT work without cutting holes in tunnel.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Can anyone point me to the most current information about what T56 transmissions need what bellhousings to work with late model LT1s?

I don't care which T56 I get because I will likely never build up more than 450-500hp.

I just know the ZF6 I have is not going to work for me. Incidentally, I'm looking to sell or trade my ZF6 with flywheel, junk clutch, pressure plate, bellhousing for a T56.

Also, can I use my old bellhousing off my 95 Corvette ZF6 on a T56 or are the bolt patterns different?

Leave it to me to force you to rehash old material. Feel free to tell me to search the archives... but T56 occurs in QUITE A FEW unrelated posts. :(

Guest Anonymous

Yeah as Mike said, just make sure you don't get a T56 from a LS1 as it wont fit it has an extra bolt hole, but the LT1's do. The only other thing you'll need is a centerforce flywheel if your running a early SBC with the two piece mains, otherwise the stock LT1 one will work fine. Good luck, I'd try the Vette boards to unload the ZF6.

Regards,

Lone