HybridZ

bad whining noise when i let off the throttle hard

scottyMIz

if i'm cruising along i don't hear anything but when i let off the throttle in gear it whines.It only does it when it's being dragged down by the motor and not when i just push in the clutch.I think it's the diff mount but i'm not sure can anyone verify this?Also is there any good diff mounts besides the solid one and stock one?

Guest Anonymous

Does it do it at low rpm too? and will it continue to make the noise sometimes untill u hit the gas again?

did you swap out the rear end at one point? I bet your driveshaft is hitting your ebrake cable

assembly. (under the drive shaft) I bet your rear diff mount failed and the diff moves upwards when u gas it... this causes your driveline to move upward and strike a metal bar under it.

this could be, im experiencing the same exact thing, mine is pretty bad...

lemme know what u thinik

flux

mine only does it like it's the mount but it could be something else.It doesn't make any noise when i get on it but only when i let off the gas with out pushing in the clutch.It deoesn't seem to be hitting the e brake cable and the strap on the diff is still good.So i just think it's the mount being worn out.I changed rears yesterday and the old mount looked really bad so i used another and it seems to be worse than my old one.I'll just have to get a new one and change it again. :rolleyes: