HybridZ

I like my free 280zx :D

Gearshredder

Well, hello there peoples. I just grabbed my z car for free, kinda rusty but when ya get one for free, eh what the heck. It is a 1979 280zx, stock everything except for a exhaust system. 2 seater. I got it from a neighbor who wanted to restore it but failed and told me it had a bad clutch.. hehe. lies. I replaced the slave cylinder for $13. works perfect. I had forgot the motto K.I.S.S. at the time and cleaned out the fuel system manually. Still didnt run.. I got depressed.. so i filled up the tank and started right up! Just about as fast as it has started these recent times too. I did the basic tuneup to it a few days later, and runs perfect. Cept for the first times driving it, it has been having some idling problems. Those problems have been sorta been fixing themselves as i drive it. On the side, I still have an intermittent fuel pump problem.. I have to HIT the fuel pump to get it to start occasionally. I grabbed a "new" (not rusty) one from pick n pull so i just need new lines and bolts and i am set. I ran some seafoam through the car to clean out some of the stuffs. Ill do a good scrubbing after I pass emissions and inspection. The exhaust system that was on there has about 100 or so holes from rusting out, so I am building my own exhaust system by cutting and welding :P. 25$ for 2.5 inch pipe 64$ for catalytic converter and 46$ for muffler. Just about done, full magnaflow exhaust. I am currently out of a lift for 2 weeks so i am going to need a new permit when that time comes. I have an emissions machine at my class I am taking, so I can tune it if I have to. The car does have a shifting problem, either I can't shift, the clutch doesn't fully disengage or the transmission is shot. I changed the oil on the transmission and it was the chunkiest, grittiest, blackest burnt oil I have seen in my life. Ill change it again after some drivin, or get a "new" tranny. I think I found the problem lol XD

I think after my history of my car, it deserves some pics to make many people happy.

Sorry if you can't see the car. I tried not to take pictures of the rust XD. There is more rust than you can see. Mainly around wheel wells and those aluminum, rustmaking, splash catchers on the rocker panels. o and i have a HUGE hole because someone decided to put some expandy foamy stuff in the fenders for some reason.. it held water and rusted a massive hole through my spare tire floor. You can see some in the pic under the spare jack.

frontsn8.jpg

backie6.jpg

hatchyl4.jpgsidevw0.jpginteriormo5.jpgdashfm3.jpgseatsmb7.jpg

gaugeca9.jpg

enginejr7.jpg