HybridZ

Expereince with a clifford???

jasper

300px-Clifford_the_Big_Red_Dog_at_the_WhiteHouse_Easter_Egg_Roll%2C_2007Apr09.jpg

f6bf_1.JPG

I have the Arizona manifold, a car tech, and also this clifford.

I've searched and found good info on the Arizona, but not much on the other 2. I'm really qurious as to how the clifford manifold stacks up against the Arizona.

Any info/expereince would be appreciated.

I have not found much on them either, the one I have is an open plenum and looks like I need an adapter to mount a standard 4 brl. It didnt have a carb on it and I have yet made time to fire up my 73. I was going to put a 500 cfm holley on it and see what happens. Been out of town working, but I'll let you know how it turns out. Iv'e got a nice small block ready to drop in but I was curious to see how the l6 performs before I do.

I have made several comments about this manifold, both here and on ClassicZcar.

I like the Clifford manifold for the top end performance it can provide. There's a great big open plenum under the carb mounting area which is a good and bad thing. A good thing because it creates an air/fuel volume reservoir which reduces charge robbing to some degree. A bad thing because gas velocity falls flat on its face when it enteres the plenum and this corrupts the lovely air/fuel mix that has just found its way into the manifold.

End result, low speed torque is down, top end is up, compared to the Arizona 4bbl manifold, for example. Depends on which carb you use too, but that's another story! :rolleyesg