HybridZ

434 small block

Guest nosz350

Guest nosz350

Does anybody now anything on this small block combo? Bowtie block,big crank, long rod something like that, I can get a deal on it,$4400.00 short block, PRO 1 heads ready to go $1200.00. He told me 600-750hp does that sound right? icon_biggrin.gificon_confused.gificon_biggrin.gif

The site Lone gave for the 434 kit offers the engine w/4" stroke...this means a bore of 4.155 is required to obtain 433.89 cu in.

All SBC blocks have a Block Deck Height of 9.025; deduct the 6" rod & the 1/2Stroke of 4" (this equals 2") then you only have 1.025" for a piston comp.height; they list the use of a JE piston w/dome but doesnt say how large the dome is. Chances are their machine shop has removed .010 from the block deck height just to square the block-so its possible the piston comp.height may even be less than 1.025"....the only way to know for sure is to call them & inquire.

They do give the 76cc combustion chamber a 11.6:1 comp.ratio. If durability is in mind/you may want to rethink your choice as their advertisement does read "Racing Engines"...not Street/Grocery Getters! Now-as Lone mentions if a race only engine is what you're looking for...go for it; just remember-the closer you get to the exotic displacements the more maintenance is required & sometimes this means a daily/weekly/monthly rebuilding of said engine-depending on how exotic you get.

I'm sure if you wanted a streetable 434 you could use a 5.703 rod & this would leave a more reliable piston comp.height of 1.320 w/.002" to sqaure up the block if it were needed & maybe a flat top piston to lower comp.ratio & a milder cam...but then you're back to a mere performing SBC & might as well go 383, 406, 408(?)...something to think about. Then again there's nothing wrong w/a 9.5:1 or 10.0:1 comp.ration 434 stroker!!!

Its all about what you personally want-so weigh your options & then make an educated decision...then dont worry-& be happy!

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

PS: I like that site Lone gave-their "Engine Building Tips" is a book unto itself...I always appreciate an engine building business/shop that isnt afraid of edjucating their customers by divulging trade secrets.

[ June 09, 2001: Message edited by: Kevin Shasteen ]

Guest nosz350

After I stopped dreaming about out running John Force I cam to my sence,I better stick with a 355 or 383 .What do you think about the Pro 1 head?

Guest nosz350

After I stopped dreaming about out running John Force I came to my sence,I better stick with a 355 or 383 .What do you think about the Pro 1 head?