HybridZ

2+2 Transmissions and Flywheels, What fits?

Okay I've searched up and down but no answer.

So I currently have a 4speed in my 280z, and I would like to upgrade to a 5 speed. From my understanding the flywheel is different on the 2+2, is this correct? and whats different.

What transmission would be recommended? I have heard that the none turbo 280zx transmission is one of the best. Do I need to get a 280zx flywheel to do the swap?

Sorry for all the questions. Basicly just trying to understand what you can and cant do on the early 2+2

Do you have a 2+2 or coupe? People will need to know what kind of car (cp/2+2) you have first to help. Im pretty sure you have a 2+2.

Anyways, the flywheel/clutch on the 2+2 is a 240mm versus and 225mm on the coupe. This is the contact patch diameter on the clutch backet (pretty sure thats what its called, the middle pieces). It is simply a heavier clutch for the oh so heavy 2+2. (sarcasm)

P1010018.jpg

Youll also have to decide if you will sacrifice acceleration for having a 5 speed. The ZX transmission has a bit higher gears (uses a 3.90 rear end) so paired with your 3.54 you may have a bit less umph.

O0ps yeah sorry, I do own a 280z 2+2.

My basic issue is I'm trying to make the car a little bit more highway friendly by adding in a 5 speed. I just don't know what all I need to get, and prepare for the swap, since this is my first real project car. I'm still kinda stupefied on this stuff lol.