HybridZ

Spray bar differences? Going from 71 to 73

cockerstar

Due to some botched repairs by the PO on my spray bar, I figured it would be in my best interests to pull one off of my parts car to replace it with before my rebuilt engine goes back into the car. When I pulled it off, I noticed that there were a few differences between the two and was wondering if I would run into any compatibility issues. After a search and quite a bit of reading, I was only able to come up with information between the change in oiling systems (from externally to internally). I've included some pics of the two to see if you guys can see any issues with swapping them out. Sorry in advance for the poor lighting and cell phone quality! :cry2:

The original damaged spray bar is on the bottom in all of the comparison pics.

P110109_17.34_thumb.JPG

P110109_17.35[02]_thumb.JPG

P110109_17.37[01]_thumb.JPG

P110109_17.36_thumb.JPG

CWC cam in red car_thumb.JPG

Yes, it does. It is an aftermarket cam with CWC and D2 stamped on it. If I pull off the timing gear I would be able to get the numbers off of it to get the specs and manufacturer, but that's a task for another day. It isn't uncommon to run both oiling systems at once with an upgraded valvetrain, although it is recommended to open up the oil feed from the block slightly to allow more flow. It is also possible to run block off plates (available through MSA) on the cam towers and just run the internal oiling system.

I gave both of the bars a good look over again and everything looks like it lines up like it should, so I went ahead and installed it. It would still be nice to get some conformation that I won't be running into any issues before I start her up for the first time! :P