HybridZ

89 chevy 5sp

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

This guy has a wrecked 89 2.8l v6 camaro with a 5sp trans.I have a 327 about 330hp that I had planned on using a turbo 350 with in a 77 280z.Would the 5sp out of the camaro work?If it is strong enough would it bolt up to my 327?,or would I need another bell housing. I would appreciate any insight that anyone can provide.

thanks

John icon_confused.gif

No, it won't work without modification (input shaft has a totally different number of splines) and the V6 trannys are "sucky" to say the least--they WILL NOT hold up to the torque of a V8. I have already done my homework on this one...trust me! Sorry to rain on the parade, but you'll be money ahead getting a V8 T5 World Class tranny instead.

David

Do remember that the TH350 will NOT have an overdrive. Others who have put in non-overdriven trannys have NOT been happy with them as they buzz the motor pretty good at highway speeds. Consider continuing to look for an OD tranny.... icon_cool.gif

Guest Anonymous

Yea, I have the jtr manual and have read about high rpms with the th350.I have a 73 240 l28 5sp for a daily driver sooooo when I take the77 v8 out (god willing)Im not going to do any long distance crusing,I live in an area where I wont need to get it on freeway,however I,d rather have a 5 sp,but I already have the th350 and stock shifter and console and with my limited fundage I guess Ill go with that for now.

THANKS

JOHN