HybridZ

BMW rear end???

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I just pulled out the rear differential cause left brake locked up and snapped something in the diff...i confirmed this by the fact that no halfshafts were broken...after i put the car on jackstands and e-brake off i tried to turn the wheels, only the right wheel would turn...so i disconnected left halfshaft and still wheel wouldnt turn...im guessing brake locked up or something i dont know, they are drums on the back...anyways finished pulling out the diff. to see what kind of damage had been done...as i was cleaning it first there were some numbers and letters across the top of diff. which read

38311 E4600 and on the diff. cover all that could be found was H on left side and 6 on right side...when i opened it up it definitely had LSD and gears were chewed to hell! I thought that this was R200 but could it possibly be rear diff. from a BMW M series??? I know that the BMW M series use E36 for their codes on older models and E46 for newer models so im unsure what kind of rearend i have...can anyone confirm this or is it an R200???