HybridZ

question on steel braided lines.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ok, I need some help. I have my t56 and my engine all ready to go in my 82zx, just one problem. I can't get a line to connect the slave and master cylinders. I read Mike's article, and he used a 3AN and tapped the slave cylinder, right? The website is down, so I can't comfirm this. I tried to call port city racing, and one other, but they are all closed icon_sad.gif Does anyone else know of any places that can make the hose I desire? Unfortunately the state I live in stinks and does not offer any cool race store places and what not icon_mad.gif. So I'm forced to go out of state. Thanks for any help anyone has to offer. icon_biggrin.gif

sean

Sean, if you are talking about Mike Kelly's article, the site is not down from here anyway--you tried the Tech Section on the black home page of the Forum? Try it again and post back--I'll look for you if it's still down.

David

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, thats how its done, cut off a small part of the T56 slave and tap for 1/8 NPT. I used Earls fittings and hose, and got a 1/8" to -3 hose adapter and then up to your clutch master and use the same fitting (depending on the clutch master, mine used 1/8 pipe on that end as well). See Mikes site for your list of fittings and hose.

Good luck with it,

Lone

Umm, note that we all had to use aftermarket masters - we couldn't use stock stuff. Couple of adapters, some hose, a tap. Jeg's has all the stuff you need - I wouldn't goto the local speed shops if you paid me. Little stock, act like jerks on occasion, and prices are sky high. Yeesh!

Guest Anonymous

Well, my hose should come in today or tomorrow. I ordered it from I think it was portland racing. They had it all made up and everything. I'm using the tilton master cylinder. Well, I'm gonna go try and start it, and then drive it when the hose comes in tomorrow icon_smile.gif I can't wait!!

sean