HybridZ

Gas Tank Help / Options

mas8230

I want to install a new gas tank in my Z. Currently, I have the 16 Gallon plastic fuel cell from Summit. I'm not impressed with it, looks, placement, etc. I don't like having the external electric fuel pump. It's noisy and in the way. I want to install a traditional gas tank with and carbureted in-tank fuel pump. I have the spare tire well completely gone, so I have alot of room. My biggest concern is depth. My plastic tank is 9 1/4". I've been looking at gas tanks, and I've found some as shallow as 7". Does anybody know of any square-type or rectangular-type tanks with in-tank pumps ?? Has anybody used anything else ?? I want to stick with GM if I can, since my fuel gauge is GM-based.

My carbureted V8 Chevy Monza had an in-tank fuel pump, so I know carbureted in-tank styles are out there.

Also, can a fuel-injected pump be used on a carbureted engine ? I already have a fuel pressure regulator installed. That would make my selection even easier.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.